Also, for 2 mornings this week I was able to give the kids all their morning work: math, spelling, printing, reading comprehension, grammar and then allow them to work through the material independently. It was exciting to catch a glimpse of the future!

Math-
Aiden-Creating different kinds of Venn Diagrams. Created a math facts table. Started a temperature and he will be keeping track of the morning temperatures for a month. It has been interesting to watch the chart slowly dipping colder and colder! Addition and subtraction worksheets.
Caileigh-Addition worksheets. Learning time to the hour.
Bible- "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1
Praying for God to help our fruits of the spirit to grow!
Leading little ones to God about asking God for help in obedience.
Language Arts-letter writing, copywork, dictation. Working on spelling words and review of the past 4 spelling units. Putting the spelling words in alphabetical order.
Read 2 stories each and answered the comprehension questions orally.
Grammar learning about pronouns and memorizing the definition as well as "I, me, my, mine."
Read aloud-The Box Car Children
Raz Kids
Science-We have been talking about making observations. We reviewed the 5 senses. We watched a Sid The Science Kid video on senses, read books from the library, completed a work sheet in which we drew pictures of things that would fit under each sense. We took moments throughout the week to stop what we were doing and to discuss what could be "seen, heard, touched, smelled and tasted."
Health and Career- I woke up on Thursday morning to the tinkering of materials in the kitchen. I went downstairs to discover that Caileigh had prepared breakfast for everyone.......cold cereal and milk! She said that she wanted to help me out and give me a chance to rest. She has also prepared breakfast everyday since then.
We were having a discussion at the lunch table about sugar and the harmful effects it can have on our bodies. I mentioned that I would like to limit my sugar intake and work on not having chocolate everyday. The kids, on their own decision, decided that they would be allowed one sugary treat every 3 days! We are going to work on this together. We'll try using honey, apple sauce and other natural sweeteners in our baking as well as going back to whole wheat flour that we had recently gotten away from. I hope that we can work as a team to achieve this.
{A visit with our horse friends last week}
Looking forward to Sean having a week off next week and Bupee Garling visiting. We will school as it comes up but I have nothing planned. I am really looking forward to a quieter week.
We are also starting an advent activity with a wonderful family that homeschools. We'll get together each Friday until Christmas and read a devotional/lesson and an activity as well. The kids and I am really excited about this project!!
Eeek, and then I throw baking plans at you, sigh.
ReplyDelete