Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nov1-nov6

This week I felt tired. It was hard to come back after a weekend of illness. We spent a lot of time together this week, just enjoying one another and doing the minimum for "school".


Math-4 lessons: single digit addition,worksheets, games...it is so exciting to watch your child emerge into an independent learner! I am enjoying this process. I gave Aiden an addition math worksheet and he could use the abacus to solve the problems and then write in the answers. I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of these milestones!

Bible-Children's bible stories, memorized John 3:16, talked about God's love. Made muffins to give to someone to show God's love.

Language Arts-finishing alphabet book, taking it in to be laminated next week

Science-Usborne's first book of science, chapter "plants". Looking at the different parts of a plant. Learning how plants grow. Looking forward to Spring and discussing what plants we will put in our garden this year.

Reading: Bob books, eagle crest readers

Fine Arts: Classical Kids

Health and Career: More discussion about healthy living, food guide. Had a visit to the Eye Dr and discussed why eye care is important. Discussed and saw what an Optometrist does. Reminders to wear sunglasses and eat vegetables.

Physcial Education: swim lessons, outdoor play, dancing and what Aiden calls his "exercises". This involves jumping, kicking, flailing around until he is hot and sweaty.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Keep up the good flailing Aiden!

    ReplyDelete