Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 8-13

Math- 9 lessons!! Lessons 40-48 Aiden was so motivated this week and things seemed to have "clicked". We have been working on double digit addition.

Language Arts- I think we were all excited to leave behind the alphabet unit and move on to "People in my community". We read, "No Dragons for Tea" and discussed fire safety. We came up with a plan of what to do in a fire and where our meeting place will be. We did a science experiment to show how smoke rises and practiced "stop, drop and roll". We reviewed our address and phone number and 9-1-1. We read, "Franklin is Lost" and discussed what to do when we find ourselves lost. We read about the story that Jesus told about the shepherd and the lost sheep.

Science- We discussed "observations". Each day we explored a different part of our senses.
Sight- We went outside and drew pictures of what we could see with our eyes.
Taste- I blind folded the kids and gave them a sample of different foods and the kids had to guess what they were. They loved this and I had to keep finding more items to sample!
Touch- I put items into a box and the kids had to reach in and guess what they were.
Smell- I blind folded the kids and they had to smell different items and guess what they were.
Hearing- I blind folded the kids and made different sounds that they had to guess.

Bible- Memorized Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are safe." Bible stories.

Reading-beginner readers, Starfall, read aloud, "On the banks of Plum Creek."

Printing- worksheets, letters.

Lifeskills- We made laundry soap, baby wipes, cookies, muffins, and playdough. We shared cookies with friends. We went out for coffee to practice how to behave in public.
Health and Career- We discussed poisons and looked on various bottles looking for warning signs.

PE- Swim lessons, outside play, "move and groove" party.

1 comment:

  1. Your Science activity for Observation sounds like it would be a whole bunch of fun!

    ReplyDelete