Bible
-Weekly Awana work.
-Completed section on learning about another country.
-Currently Memorizing Mark 16:15 and 1 Pet. 1:25
Math
-adding and subtracting to 40
-multiplication
-Double Addition without carrying
Language Arts
-Started book 2 Explode the Code
-Notebooking
-Daily Journal Writing (Started in April)
-Daily Reading Practice
Read No Dragons for Tea
-Discussed fire safety
-Reviewed phone number
-Notebooked on fire safety tips
Science
-Doing a research project/presentation on Spiders.
Reading books from the library, watching videos and putting together a poster.
Making clay spider for presentation.
(Alex's on left....his toy spider on right:)
Social Studies
All Things Canada
-learning about the geographical areas of Canada. Reading about each area. Colouring the area on a map.
-Watched Geography of Canada on Learn 360
-Watched about Quebec on Learn 360
-Watched about Canadian first nations from Learn 360
-Learning the provinces of Canada. Colouring each province and reading books about each province.
Alex and Jordan made easter treats.

Alex and Jordan have taught themselves to play chess.
Fine Arts
-Attended a workshop on presentation skills
-Practicing for Festival of the Arts
-Duet and Solo song
-Weekly lessons, theory and practice
Alex received a silver for his duet with Jordan and a gold for his song This is It.
Portfolio Comments
-They understand about body parts/inappropriate touching/substances
-Dealing with emotions is an ongoing project We're currently working on self control......not crying loudly immediately when something happens (e.g.. overly dramatic)
-Boys stay active through constant movement! Biking, running, soccer, trampoline, etc.
Applied Skills/Technology
What is Alex curious about?
-Computer Chess, Tynker, Typing
What are some skills he's developed?
-Tynker(Coding)
Which tools or technology has he used?
-Typing, Tynker, Computer Chess
Arts
Personal music?
- I like the one with slow beats and also fast beats.
Performing?
-It was tons of fun! I wasn't even one bit nervous except for when I got the hiccups.
Art from other cultures?
-Totem poles, african weaving
Special with Lego?
-An army car. It had darts and a shield and the glass was the shield to protect the guy. It could drive on land and fly.
Bible
Favourite Service Project?
-making cards for our sponsor child. It was special because our sponsor child is need. I really want to help her.
Praying about?
-That we can move safely
Career Education
Something to do well?
-Math
How to make sure to do the work well?
-memorized the questions in my head so I won't forget and I did my best.
Chore?
-I like feeding Buddy. I do a great job at that.
Aware of Different Cultures?
-I know about the spanish culture a bit, I know how to say hello, Hola. I know about Africa because my friend was born there. We watched a movie about Africa and it was poor. The girl tried to save her family. There was a flood but the mom saved the baby. In the middle, the girl and her family lost each other but at the end she found them again.
Math
-Chess,
Health/PE
Favourite way to stay active?
-Running and biking!
Worried and afraid?
-Ask mommy what to do or I ask someone I trust and know. I can pray.
Self Evaluation
List 2-3 characteristics given to you by God
-God gave me good skills to bike and run. I am a helping and kind person but sometimes I get into fights.
What are 2 new skills you learned this year?
-tie my shoes
-How to get up in front of people and speak and play the piano
What are 3 interests you want to do next year?
-I want to stand up in front of people and tell them the word of the Lord
-I want to get better running skills
-I want to learn how to parachute
What are 2 projects you did this year?
-Spider project and festival. They're special because they are fun.
-Weekly Awana work.
-Completed section on learning about another country.
-Currently Memorizing Mark 16:15 and 1 Pet. 1:25
Math
-adding and subtracting to 40
-multiplication
-Double Addition without carrying
Language Arts
-Started book 2 Explode the Code
-Notebooking
-Daily Journal Writing (Started in April)
-Daily Reading Practice
Read No Dragons for Tea
-Discussed fire safety
-Reviewed phone number
-Notebooked on fire safety tips
Science
-Doing a research project/presentation on Spiders.
Reading books from the library, watching videos and putting together a poster.
Making clay spider for presentation.
(Alex's on left....his toy spider on right:)
Social Studies
All Things Canada
-learning about the geographical areas of Canada. Reading about each area. Colouring the area on a map.
-Watched Geography of Canada on Learn 360
-Watched about Quebec on Learn 360
-Watched about Canadian first nations from Learn 360
-Learning the provinces of Canada. Colouring each province and reading books about each province.
Alex and Jordan made easter treats.
Alex and Jordan have taught themselves to play chess.
PE
-Bike Riding
Fine Arts
-Attended a workshop on presentation skills
-Practicing for Festival of the Arts
-Duet and Solo song
-Weekly lessons, theory and practice
Alex received a silver for his duet with Jordan and a gold for his song This is It.
Portfolio Comments
-They understand about body parts/inappropriate touching/substances
-Dealing with emotions is an ongoing project We're currently working on self control......not crying loudly immediately when something happens (e.g.. overly dramatic)
-Boys stay active through constant movement! Biking, running, soccer, trampoline, etc.
Applied Skills/Technology
What is Alex curious about?
-Computer Chess, Tynker, Typing
What are some skills he's developed?
-Tynker(Coding)
Which tools or technology has he used?
-Typing, Tynker, Computer Chess
Arts
Personal music?
- I like the one with slow beats and also fast beats.
Performing?
-It was tons of fun! I wasn't even one bit nervous except for when I got the hiccups.
Art from other cultures?
-Totem poles, african weaving
Special with Lego?
-An army car. It had darts and a shield and the glass was the shield to protect the guy. It could drive on land and fly.
Bible
Favourite Service Project?
-making cards for our sponsor child. It was special because our sponsor child is need. I really want to help her.
Praying about?
-That we can move safely
Career Education
Something to do well?
-Math
How to make sure to do the work well?
-memorized the questions in my head so I won't forget and I did my best.
Chore?
-I like feeding Buddy. I do a great job at that.
Aware of Different Cultures?
-I know about the spanish culture a bit, I know how to say hello, Hola. I know about Africa because my friend was born there. We watched a movie about Africa and it was poor. The girl tried to save her family. There was a flood but the mom saved the baby. In the middle, the girl and her family lost each other but at the end she found them again.
Math
-Chess,
Health/PE
Favourite way to stay active?
-Running and biking!
Worried and afraid?
-Ask mommy what to do or I ask someone I trust and know. I can pray.
Self Evaluation
List 2-3 characteristics given to you by God
-God gave me good skills to bike and run. I am a helping and kind person but sometimes I get into fights.
What are 2 new skills you learned this year?
-tie my shoes
-How to get up in front of people and speak and play the piano
What are 3 interests you want to do next year?
-I want to stand up in front of people and tell them the word of the Lord
-I want to get better running skills
-I want to learn how to parachute
What are 2 projects you did this year?
-Spider project and festival. They're special because they are fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment