Friday, March 3, 2017

Mikayla Term 3/17

Math

-Money  (adding, subtracting, making change, word problems, etc.)
-Distance M and KM
-Volume Ml and L
-Weight G and KG

Social Studies

All Things Canada

-learning about the geographical areas of Canada.  Reading about each area. Colouring the area on a map.
-Watched Geography of Canada on Learn 360
-Watched about Quebec on Learn 360
-Watched about Canadian first nations from Learn 360
-Leraning the provinces of BC.  Colouring each province as we read a book and watch videos on it.

Science/Language Arts

 Properties of Ecosystems
Creating note booking pages each day to reflect learning.  Focus on art and best quality.  Will put together for a presentation.

Mikayla's food chain made from clay
(Sun, plant, worm or caterpillar and bird)




What is an ecosystem?  Biomes
-Niches-What is your job?
-Food Chains
-Scavengers and Decomposers
-population pyramids
-Relationships among Living Things
-Oxygen and Water Cycles
Grasslands and Forests
-Biomes around the World
-Grasslands
-Forests
-Temperate Forests
-Rainforests
-The Oceans
-Coral Reef

Additional Reading
-One Small Square-Woods

Videos
-Food Chains (Brain Pop JR)
-Food Chains (Brain Pop)
-Ecology and Behaviour (Brain Pop)
-Energy Pyramid (Brain Pop)
-Natural Resources (Brain Pop Jr)
-Forests (Brain Pop Jr)
-Soil (Brain Pop Jr)
-Rainforests (Brain Pop Jr)
-Tropical Rainforests (Brain Pop)
-Exploring Forest Biomes (Learn 360)
-Oceans (Brain Pop Jr)
-Fish (Brain Pop Jr)
-Coral Reef (Brain Pop)
-Under the Sea (Magic School Bus)


Fine Arts

-Attended workshop about presentation skills
-Practicing for Festival of the Arts
-Grade 1.  One hour lessons including both practice and theory.

Mikayla received one Platinum and one gold in the festival.

Portfolio Comments

Ways Mikayla keeps fit-  trampoline, bike riding, running, dancing
Physical changes of getting older-  puberty

Applied Skills 
- What is Mikayla curious about?-  Drawing, Science eg. Human Body
-What are some skills she developed further?  Drawing, crocheting, writing
-What tools or technology?  hammer/nails, Tynker (computer coding), making videos, computer chess, typing

Arts
-How was your time at the music festival?  I played Drifting Clouds great and got a platinum award.  I also won the award for the class.  I made a little mistake in Awesome God because I announced the wrong composer but I corrected it.
-What is your favourite music?  I like jazzy music because it is jazzy and fun to play.
-Have you seen art from other cultures?  First Nation art?  Totem Poles, dreamcatchers, African weaving

Bible

-Favourite service opportunities- I love making cards for people.  It's meaningful because its fun and it makes them smile.
-What is something you've been praying about?  Mrs. Pugh for her leg infection and us for our move.

Career Education

-Good role model-  Mayou the lady from the drawing videos.  She draws so well and is really nice.

-How to make sure work is done well?  -I do my subjects in an order and try to do my best work.  Mom checks my work over.

-Mikayla is familiar with different jobs in the community

-Mikayla takes risks- she is willing to try anything and even lacks a fear to do so.  She tends to be a risk taker so we work on having her think through things before she does them.

-Mikayla has met short term goals through school assignments.  We are working on longer goals of where we want to be in the fall with her writing skills.

Health/PE

-Favourite way to stay physically fit-Riding her bike and jumping on the trampoline
-Monitoring exertion levels-understands that with exertion the heart beats fast, get out of breath, muscles get tired, get sweaty.  This happens during Awana games!
-Medical concern- I talk to Mommy.  I could also call 9-1-1 in an emergency.
-When worried or afraid?  Pray, tell Mommy, ask for help.

Self Evaluation

List 3 God given characteristics or attributes you appreciate about yourself.
-Drawing
-Atheltic
-Outgoing and friendly

What are 2 new skills you learned this year and are happy you know how to do?
-Crocheting
-Shading in drawing
-Hula hooping

What are 3 interests you would like to develop further in the coming year?
-Play minecraft
-Build with wood
-Do more computer work

What are 2 projects you have accomplished this year that you are most delighted about?  What makes them special?
-Crocheting
-Science Project
They are special because they were fun to do.  I felt proud to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment