Friday, March 3, 2017

Caileigh Term 3

Math

Test #16 18/20= 90%
Test #17 18/20=90%
Test #18 18/20 = 90%
Test #19  20/20= 100%
Test #20  19/20 = 95%
Test #21 19/20=95%
Test #22 19/20=95%
Test #23  18/20=90%

Caileigh has completed Saxon 6/5.

Bible

-Weekly Awana Work

Science

-Working on Science Fair Project
-Testing different types of gum to see which produces the biggest bubbles.
-Video clip on SeeSaw



Social Studies

-Completed project on immigration
-Canadian Reader-Feb.

Canadian Reader-March
-What's in the World-March

Canadian Reader-April
What's in the World-April

-3 paragraphs about chosen topic-Drs. Without Borders

Caileigh recently opened her own bank account.  She has her own debit card and is learning to budget.



Fine Arts

-Practicing for  Festival of the Arts.  Playing 4 songs.
-Attended workshop on presentation skills
Caileigh attended the Festival of the Arts and received 1 Platinum award and 3 gold.

Portfolio Comments

Applied Skills
Evaluation
What were the main needs that you had to answer for this project?
-The main needs were finding the time and the supplies
From the concept ideas the you had, what was special about the one you chose to develop?
-Making cookies it great and on the first day I did my business, I got an order
What changes did you have to make?
-I have had to change my prices.
What were the main problems you had?
-Figuring out how to split up the money and deciding on a price.
If you did this again, what changes would you make?
-I would change the prices and advertise more.
What did you enjoy?
-I love baking!
What do you other people think?
-They think it's really great that I am as independent as I am.

Arts

Festival
-it was really fun!  I played beautifully.  I think I did the best I could.
How does God enhance your life through art?
-God enhances my life through art because I am able to see His beauty which helps me to understand how much He loves us to create this beautiful world He gave us to live in.
Art from other cultures?- Weaving, totem poles, cloaks, paintings

Bible

Favourite service opportunity
-Baking!  It is meaningful because through that I am able to cheer people and help them that they wouldn't be able to do.
Something you've been praying for?
-I've been praying for Mrs. Pugh for he leg to get better and for Daddy that he will find a house.

Technology

What do you like about technology?
-I like that I can look up things quickly and to be able to get recipes online.
Helpful for hindrance?
-I think sometimes technology can be helpful like it can help you find things, but sometimes it can be bad because it can leak personal information to the public.  Sometimes it can get viruses.

Health

Physical activity
-Trampoline, bike riding, swimming and running.

Monitoring exertion
-i know I'm working hard when my breathing rate increases and my heart beat increases.  I also get tired and sweat more.

Medical concern
-First my mom and in an emergency my Dr or 9-1-1.

Socials

Why do you think the majority of people live in urban places?
-It is easier to get the needs met and you can have more opportunities for things to do and jobs.

Advantages/Disadvantages of urbanization
-Some disadvantages are people that live in farming areas-crops would get destroyed to urbanize and put farmers out of work
-Advantage-Everything you need is close by and if you do get out of a job, there are others to be found.

Bank account
-When I got my bank account, first my mom and dad had to find out if I was responsible.  Once they knew I was responsible, our Dad went to the bank and opened our account.  We had to practice writing our names so we could write neatly on the bank card.  I budget and use my debit card by using a book where I write down how much money I have, how much money I have in change and bills and what I spend.

Self Evaluation

List 3 God given characteristics or attributes
-Baking
-Kindness
-Good at working with children

Why are 3 skills you have learned and are happy about?
-crocheting
-How to cook
-Baking

What are 3 interests you would like to develop in the coming year?
-Dance Lessons
-Swimming lessons
-Exploring

What are 2 things you have accomplished this year?
-Having my own baking business
-I finished LA with 99%!






No comments:

Post a Comment