This is where the problem has arisen. Aiden is so overtired by this point that math, a subject he adores, is becoming difficult. Reading and language arts is met with petty fights between Aiden and Caileigh. I am realizing, that although getting out every morning is fun and necessary, it is creating overtired kids.
My new revised idea is to try and get home from our morning outings earlier, by 11:30. We will eat lunch and then Aiden and Caileigh will head upstairs for quiet time, which since school starting, has gone by the wayside. I will be able to spend some one on one time with Mikayla (well, besides the babies) and then when she goes down for her nap, the older two can come down for their studies. I am hoping that this quiet, restful time will prepare them to work. We'll see how it goes and revise it as necessary.
This is one reason for homeschool that I am thankful for. I am thankful that Aiden doesn't have to be in full day kindergarten and fight to stay awake and settled all day. I am thankful that we can revise routines and find out what is going to work for us. I am thankful to be home with my kids and watch them learn and grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment