Math Mon/Wed/Fri
Come Sit By Me Tue/Thurs/ Starting with "Days of the Past"
Bible Daily
Writing Daily
Reading Daily
Science Saturdays
Art Wednesdays
Swim lessons Saturdays
My biggest goal for this year is to begin to teach the kids about community and the world around them. I want to teach them how we can be servants to those around us. I want to explore ways in which we can help others in our own community and those who live far away.
Some ideas I have are:
*Doing extra chores for coins. Buying food with the money. Taking the food to the food bank and meeting Gina and learning about how a food bank works.
*Operation Christmas shoe boxes
*Visiting the extended care of Olive Devaud
*Baking and dropping off for friends and family
*Writing letters to family to encourage
*Helping Sean with his Breast Cancer fundraising
I hope that the kids can come up with their own ideas and we can find ways to serve all year long.
After Christmas Sean is going to take the kids to the Fire Station, police station and Safeway. Bupee Garling is going to take the kids to the Court House. We can learn about the people in our community and the jobs they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment