Math- We've started Right Start Math Level B. We worked through the first 10 lessons this week.
Reading-Daily practice. For read alouds we are finished up "On the Banks of Plum Creek." and "Encyclopedia Brown". We are getting ready to start "Canadian Flyer" book.
Printing-Daily practice. Aiden started a chapter for an adventure book that he wants to write.
Jonathan was sitting at the table one morning when he heard something from the ground. Suddenly he fell through the floor boards.
"Jonathan, what are you doing down there?" asked Mom.
"I fell into a hole Mom!"
"Oh, well I will let you have some time to explore then." said Mom.
Science-"Animal of the Day". Each day we are reading about a different animal from our new Animal Atlas. We read which continent they are from, find it on our globe, discuss the major characteristics of the animal. After a couple of weeks of this, Aiden is going to choose an animal to do a more thorough research project on.
We looked at several items under the microscope. Aiden drew a picture of a pine needle and how it looked under the microscope. He wrote down some words to describe what he observed. eg, green in the middle.
Language Arts- We are studying poetry. Aiden memorized a poem. We have several books that we are currently reading. We enjoy poems by Jack Prelutsky.
Bible- Once a week we read from the memorization bible and memorize a scripture. This week's was "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." romans 10:13
We read bible stories in the morning during breakfast. Each evening before bed we read from "Leading little ones to God". We have discussion and prayer.
Physical Education-Daily outside play, walks, dance parties, snow play!
Activities-Library, Strong Start, sleigh ride! Aiden spends a minimum of an hour a day working with his Lego. Aiden and Caileigh have really started to engage in creative dramatic play. Today they were on a rescue mission trying to save the Monarch butterflies in South America. Yesterday they were rescuing hurt people and setting up a hospital. One of their favorites is still playing Little House on the Prairie. It is fun to see their play come to life!
Fine Arts-Practicing basic piano skills. Trying out different art techniques.
Health and Career: Memorized our new address and working on our new phone number.
I love the adventure book!
ReplyDeleteA poem for you Aiden:
Last Night I Dreamed of Chickens
Last night I dreamed of chickens,
there were chickens everywhere,
they were standing on my stomach,
they were nesting in my hair,
they were pecking at my pillow,
they were hopping on my head,
they were ruffling up their feathers
as they raced about my bed.
They were on the chairs and tables,
they were on the chandeliers,
they were roosting in the corners,
they were clucking in my ears,
there were chickens, chickens, chickens
for as far as I could see...
when I woke today, I noticed
there were eggs on top of me.
Jack Prelutsky